Radio Producer Job Description Summary: Creates program content and manages the whole production process for both live and recorded radio programs
- Undertakes key administrative responsibilities as well as assists in planning and producing live and/or pre-recorded radio shows which may include news, music, talk, sports, traffic, and feature productions.
- Generates original ideas, identifies suitable ideas from others, and carries out thorough research.
- Researches information obtains materials and assists with contacting and scheduling guests.
- Gives direction to presenters, content providers, assistants and other crewmembers.
- Manages budgets and ensures the efficient use of resources.
- Obtains permissions or licenses for recording or broadcasting on location, and for the use of music, sound effects and audio archive material.
- Monitors listener emails, inquiries and responses related to shows.
- Works in collaboration with presenters, performers or other program contributors, in order to perform quality assurance to meet established production standards, rules and regulations.
- Uses various broadcasting technologies such as soundboards and editing/production software.
- Schedules and monitors the radio stream during live recordings.
- Assists with time keeping, saving show recordings, archiving show files and post-production editing as directed.
- May work the board for pre-recorded or live shows.
- Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific radio genres
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
- Knowledgeable of the radio market, different station/program styles, audience demographics
- Knows how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios
- Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
- Ability to build rapport and draw information from people
- Can coach and develop others
- Has confidence and tenacity to pursue information, overcome obstacles and pitch ideas to senior colleagues
- Stress tolerance: ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
- Ability to plan and organize set priorities, multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Full knowledge of the law, rules and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
- 3+ years’ experience as Radio Producer and/or Assistant
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Radio or Media Production
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! Please email air checks/production demos/resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Core Radio Group values Integrity, a Can Do Attitude, Passion, Competitiveness, Creativity and embraces that work can be FUN. If these qualities are important to you and you feel you check off the qualities we are looking for, apply now and let’s talk. CORE RADIO GROUP is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.